Friday, November 28, 2008

The Conglomerate

This Thanksgiving I revisited a very brief email exchange I had with someone close; a family member. It was political and did not go well. Tonight I retrieved and reviewed the exchange, which involved the forwarding of a opinion piece from another person.

The issue was not at rest.

In some brief research on the topic I landed on a blog I had not visted prior; The Conglomerate. And this is the true point of this missive... I landed on another decisive topic speaking to paradigms. Or, false paradigms. At least, that was my feeling; false paradigms.

And then I got to thinking about one euphamism or analogy or paradigm, or whatever it is... that we have not heard in a while.

"Money is the root of all evil"

How long has it been since we really heard this saying or phrase? To me, it has seemed to be about 7 years.

Or, since 9/11.

Why is that? Does that phrase or paradigm ring true any longer? Or, has it been replaced by something else? Could it be that religion has, or 'is' replacing money in that phrase?

I am beginning to think it is.

No comments: