Monday, June 9, 2008

Very Much At Ease

My bank, Union Bank of California, would not let me deposit my vacation payout. Apparently the way it is written makes them squimish. They may have been noobs?

The section identifying "pay to the order of" includes both my name and the company/department I worked for.

I suppose that could look a little odd... hypothetically recieving a check identified for a company and trying to deposit into a personal account. But, if they realized that the check was written on the company stub, why would it be written back to the company?

I think they should have honored that it was written for me. Again, maybe they were noobs.

Anyway, I've contacted the HR Director and we agreed that I'd send the check back to him, he'd cancel it, and another check would be re-issued without the company name on it.

On another note, I have recieved at least three calls from persons seeking updates and to share their thoughts. I appreciate that. I am still doing well and very much at ease over the news.

No comments: