Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ooops!

I have been wrong before, I am proud to admit. And I learned tonight that I was wrong once more.

I accept that.

That awareness, or the recent event I experienced, though seems to rank up there with a couple other recent mis-steps. Nothing fatal thank goodness.

It began last friday night with an evening of drinks with some friends in a neighborhood far from where I live; North Park. I stumbled out at midnight, almost, and decided to walk home. The bar was hopping. Lots of women. The ratio must have been even... even considering the girl with b.o. that one of my friends must have sent over to me.

I was being a bump on a log... not wanting to give up my seat. What can I say.

So, with several Red Bulls and Grey Goose vodka's in me, on the way out the door I began a text messaging exchange with someone I once dated.

Ouch. Stupid. But also cool.

Nevertheless, after a 3.6 mile walk through a sketchy neighborhood, San Diego's hoppin 'alternative' neighborhood, Advil from my bathroom cabinent, a good nights sleep, and good gym workout the next day, I deleted her number from my cell.

And I did not feel anything.

Second thing gone array... well, it really was not my doing. On Saturday night the lamp in my DLP went out. Without backup in hand, no SNL, no Sunday NFL, and no Entourage Premiere.

It was only $150 later on a Tuesday, last night, was able to get my CNN Huricane Ike updates.

Unfortunate mistake #3... I thought there was some eye contact going on with me and someone at the gym. I thought she was cute.

After a couple-few days, seeing her each time but never quite seeing her alone and not doing anything, I decided to leave her a note with my number. It was clear.

Twice since at the gym, and after not getting a call back and still seeing her in the gym, the same dilemma was occurring; busy and not alone. Maybe she did not connect the name with the eye contact or knew who I wa? I don't know. So, each time after my workout I hung for a bit... making myself available. But, my obvious availability was not reciprocated.

My bad, it must have been my imagination.

1 comment:

Paul Daniel Ash said...

But these were all wins!

Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker. (Freidrich Nietzsche)

You just have to find the win. It's like "Where's Waldo," or "Find the Pope in the Pizza." It's the lightning round of "Where's the Win?"